Laparoscopy is a minimally invasive treatment that is used to check the organs in the belly. It is also known as keyhole surgery. Laparoscopic surgery is the term used to describe the surgical procedures performed using one or multiple small incisions in the abdominal wall.
Different procedures can be performed laparoscopically, including gallbladder removal, Colon Surgery, Esophageal Surgery, and stomach and spleen.
One advantage of laparoscopic surgery is that patients recover much more quickly than they do from standard open surgery in which a large incision is used. Because the surgeon creates only a few small incisions, rather than one large incision, post-surgery pain is generally reduced
The laparoscopic surgeon makes multiple incisions. From these incisions, they insert some instruments, and to insert these instruments they have to blow the belly up with carbon dioxide gas. With these small incisions, an instrument is attached to the camera and is inserted into the abdomen and the outcomes are provided. The doctor with the enlarged image of the affected area. So that it will be very easy for the doctor to see the affected areas.
The Stepwise Procedure of Laparoscopic Surgery?
Laparoscopic Surgery is one of the crucial operations that requires some of the major steps.
- Giving a patient anesthesia– Anesthesia is a type of medication that prevents you from experiencing pain during treatments or surgeries. Anesthetics are drugs that are used to relieve pain. Distinct forms of anesthesia have different mechanisms of action. Some anesthetics numb specific regions of the body, while others numb the brain, in order to encourage sleep during more intrusive surgical operations such as those involving the head, chest, or abdomen.
- Medications– After the settlement of a patient, he is given some medication to prepare his body. These medicines are completely harmless.
- Making small incisions to the abdomen– After all the medications, the doctor makes small cuts into the abdomen.
- Injecting the tube into the incision– After the cuts into the stomach, the surgeon inserts a thin tube.
- Inserting the laparoscope- After a tiny cut tube is formed on the abdomen, a laparoscope is inserted into it. The laparoscope is essentially a telescope put on a monitor with a camera displaying a picture of the stomach’s interior organs onto a screen.
- Treatment of the illness- The entire procedure has been carried out using a laparoscope, which the surgeons used to treat the disease by analyzing the image shown.
Why Choose Laparoscopic Surgery?
There are several reasons to choose this surgery as compared to past surgeries.
- Earlier doctors used to make very large incisions of 10-12 cms for doing surgeries and nowadays, the doctor makes an incision of 0.5-1.0 cms. As the incision is of less length it is very easy to heal.
- The patient will be discharged in less time (In past times the healing time was about 4 to 8 weeks, but with the help of laparoscopic operation the healing time used to be 2 to 3 weeks and the patient will get discharged from the hospital within 2 nights).
- Get back to a healthier life very soon.
- Less cutting of tissues.
- As there is less exposure to internal organs there is less chance of infection.
- Less loss of blood.
How Long Does Laparoscopic Surgery Take?
Typically, laparoscopy takes 30-60 minutes to diagnose a condition. Depending on the type of surgery being performed, it will take longer if the surgeon is treating a condition.
What Are The Complications of Laparoscopic Surgery?
Laparoscopic surgery is one of the common procedures with minimal risk to health. Some of the common risk of surgery are.
- Difficulty in passing urine
- Bleeding and bruising
- Delayed wound healing
- Wound infections
- Urine tract infection (UTI)
- Injury to the bladder
- Blood vessel injury
- Injury to general anesthesia
- Risk of gas embolism
- Blood clot in the deep veins of the legs or lungs
Post laparoscopic instructions
After undergoing laparoscopic surgery a patient must have to remember some of the things.
- Take complete rest for a week or two.
- Walk if you are able to
- Always being around friends and family as family and friends help you to heal wounds.
- Do not undergo strenuous housework.
- Take medications as directed by your doctors
- Always have homemade foods like fruits, vegetables, etc
- Stay away from spicy foods as they are very hard to digest.
- Increase your water intake to 6 to 8 glasses of water.
- Do not apply any lotions etc. On the incisions.
- Make sure you consult your doctor before having sexual intercourse or using tampons or douches.
- If you are experiencing hot flashes, mood swings or irritability then report your doctor for the same. There might be some of the medications that can help you out.
Always Opt for A Professional Laparoscopic Surgeon.
Laparoscopic Surgery is an advanced surgical method to treat serious gastro problems. So you should be very sure about the clinic and surgeon performing the surgery.
Many hospitals offer Laparoscopic Surgery but very few of them are qualified and offer professional surgery. If you are searching for good surgery and therapy then Bangalore can be the right place for you, as it is known for the best medical hub where you can find highly qualified and experienced laparoscopic surgeons who have years of experience in the field.
Famous doctor Mr. Manjunath Haridas, a professional surgeon, operates at MH Surgery in Bangalore. MIAS MH Surgery is known as one of the best laparoscopic surgery hospitals in Bangalore. Experts at Mh Surgery Clinic perform minimally invasive surgeries using advanced minimally invasive techniques. Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery and Minimally Invasive Surgery – Gastrointestinal Surgery – Colon Rectum – Foregut. He specializes in Robotic Surgery, General Surgery, and Hernia Surgery, as well as Surgical Oncology.
In this surgery hospital, many facilities are available to the patient, and the doctors are highly qualified and experienced. Each disease and each patient is treated according to multidisciplinary approaches, which have been developed specifically for them. A detailed and personalized approach is taken to each and every surgical case.
We wish you good luck with your surgery.